- Automated Power Switching Between Dryer and EV Power Sockets.
- Supports Common Household Dryer (10-30) and Charger (14-50) Plug Types.
- Full Color Display Screen and LED Status Lights.
- Real-time Voltage, Current, Temperature, kWh and Status Indicators.
- Integrated 25A Circuit Breaker with Easy Reset for Added Protection.
- Supports Standard 30amp Dryer Circuits (Maximum 24amp NEC Safe Charging Rate.)
- Compatible with Common Third-Party Electric Vehicles and Chargers Integrated Wall-Mount Screw Holes and 3ft. (1m) Pigtail Plug for Easy Installation.
- Safety Certifications: In Process (This product has not yet received UL / CE certifications.)
- For this configuration, you must set your charger for a maximum safe charging rate of 24 Amps.
SPLITVOLT SPS 01-031 represents a new product category, called an EV Splitter Switch, that shares your existing 240v dryer socket to intelligently provide full 24 Amp power on-demand to either your dryer or your EV charger / vehicle. Interfaces include a NEMA 10-30 male plug and one NEMA 10-30 and NEMA 14-50 female sockets–one for your dryer and the other for your EV. It delivers power to charge your car 7x faster, without requiring the cost, complexity or time of having an electrician install a new power circuit. Just plug it in, and Splitvolt seamlessly switches power on demand between your dryer and your EV, without user intervention. It displays real-time power usage information on an easy-to-read color screen and includes an internal circuit breaker for redundant power protection. It supports optional wall-mount for convenient access. Splitvolt utilizes standard household NEMA 10-30 sockets, and is compatible with common EVs from automakers including Tesla, Volkswagen, Honda, Audi, Nissan, GM, Chevy, Ford, and Volvo. Splitvolt is also compatible with mainstream third-party chargers sold in North America, such as Clipper Creek, Besen, as well as with our high-performance chargers, extension cables and adapters. For this configuration, you must set your charger for a maximum safe charging rate of 24 Amps.
Download official and complete Splitvolt User Guides here.
The information below is the text-only quick reference from the user guide. For tables, images, and additional information, view the PDF file using the link above.
Splitvolt™ Splitter Switch™QuickStart User Guide
Models: SPS 01-011, SPS 02-022, SPS 01-031, SPS 02-032
Thank you for choosing the Splitvolt™ Splitter Switch™! Charging your electric vehicle (EV) just got easier! Share and automatically switch full power between your EV charger and clothes dryer using your existing, standard dryer wall socket. Avoid the cost, complexity and time of having an electrician install a dedicated circuit, and instead utilize your existing home wiring with Splitvolt. This new category of product saves you thousands of dollars in rewiring costs. Just plug it in, and Splitvolt monitors, displays, and switches full 24-amp power on-demand between attached devices, providing the fastest possible safe charging on a standard 30-amp circuit, at a fraction of the cost of installing a new, dedicated circuit in your home.
Please read the full manual before use.
Splitvolt, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
3250 Victor Street, Unit B www.splitvolt.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Pick the right model based on your wall socket, dryer plug, and EV socket type according to the table in “Additional Images”. You can reference the socket-type images in the diagram to determine which type you have.
Features and capabilities
- Automated power switching between dryer and EV power sockets
- Full-color display screen and LED status lights
- Real-time voltage, current, temperature, kWh, and status indicators
- Integrated 25-amp circuit breaker with easy reset for added protection
- Supports standard 30-amp dryer circuits (maximum 24-amp NEC safe charging rate)
- Compatible with common 3rd-party electric vehicles and chargers
- Supports common household dryer (10-30 and 14-30) and charger (10-30, 14-30, and 14-50) plug types
- The NEMA 14-50 plug is for convenient access to common charger plugs; the maximum safe charging rate on the socket is 24 amps
- Integrated wall-mount screw holes and 3 ft (1 m) pigtail plug for easy installation
- UL/CE safety certifications: in process, not yet received
Get to know your Splitvolt Splitter Switch
- Circuit breaker with on/off positions
- 3-line LCD display
- Present power use in Watts
- Total power used over time in kWh
- Voltage and current in amperes (amps)
To reset statistics over time, press and hold the flat reset button on the right side of the screen for 5 seconds
- LED indicator: ON indicates EV charger (EVSE) has power
- Left outlet: for electrical appliance (dryer)
- Right outlet: for EV charger
- Plug the SPS into the wall outlet
- Plug the dryer into the left outlet of the SPS
- Plug the EV charger into the right outlet of the SPS
- Set current to 24 amps on either your EV charger or vehicle
- Switch the circuit breaker to the ON position
Optional wall mount
- Position the SPS so that the plug reaches the wall outlet
- Mark screw holes
- Unplug the SPS
- Use 5/16” or 8 mm drill bit to create drill holes
- Push the supplied 5/16” x 1.5” (8 mm x 38 mm) anchors into the drill holes
- Secure the SPS into anchors with supplied screws
By using this product, you acknowledge that it is an early-release version that has not yet received UL/CE safety certifications. If you prefer not to use an uncertified product, please contact us directly to return the product unused, undamaged and in its original packaging for a refund.
This product is intended for indoor use and must be protected from moisture and the elements to maintain safety, durability and operation.
This product is designed to operate at a maximum continuous charging rate of 24 amps on a standard household 30-amp circuit, according to the National Electrical Code (NEC). Exceeding this rate can lead to damage or risk of fire.
Set your EV charger or EV to a maximum charge rate of 24 amps.
1-year limited warranty
Splitvolt, Inc warrants that this product shall be free from defects in material, workmanship and assembly, under normal use, in accordance with the specifications and warnings, for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damages as a result of an accident; resulting from the use or misuse of parts not manufactured or sold by Splitvolt, Inc; or resulting from modification of the Splitvolt Splitter Switch.
These warranties extend only to the original purchaser of the product and are not transferable. To exercise your rights under this warranty, you must provide proof of purchase in the form of an original sales receipt that shows the product name and the date of purchase. These warranties apply only to natural purchasers of Splitvolt Splitter Switch for personal, family, or household use, not to commercial, institutional, or industrial purchasers. These warranties are valid only in the United States. In no event shall Splitvolt, Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or multiple damages arising out of the use of the Splitvolt Splitter Switch devices.
Please download the full user guide
Need more help?
Email email@example.com, or call (650) 209-0091 for assistance.