- Super Fast – the fastest possible charging on a 50 Amp circuit.
- Ease of use – Just plug it into your NEMA 14-50 socket and connect it to your EV.
- See the charging state at a glance – the charger is equipped with 4 LED’s: Power, Charge, Fault 1, Fault 2.
- Charge any standard EV – The charger is compatible with all common Electric Vehicles (BEV’s and PHIV’s) available in North America.
- Lightweight – The unit weighs only 9.1 lbs (4.15 kg) making it very portable – use it at home or pop it in the trunk for a road-trip.
- Convenient – The charger comes complete with a carry case to make the unit compact and simple to store.
- Safety Certifications – cTUVus, CE and TUV
- Warranty – a full one year warranty is included for peace of mind.
40 Amp Portable EV Charger, 240 Volt with SAE J1772 and NEMA 14-50 Interfaces for maximum possible charging rate. This portable, lightweight cable style charger can charge any electric vehicle available in North America. It also supports the standard Tesla J1772 adapter. It features LED’s that show the real-time status of EV charging, including any faults. It supports up to 40 Amps continuous charging to enable you to get the maximum possible sustained charge rate from a 14-50 socket. The NEMA 14-50 interface typically installed by an electrician and can handle up to 50 Amps . This 40 Amp charging rate is the maximum allowed by the National Electric Code (NEC) for charging using a 50 Amp circuit. This charger is compatible with all common EV’s sold in North America including Nissan Leaf, Chey Bolt and Chevy Volt and all Tesla model using their standard adapter.
Download official and complete Splitvolt User Guides here.
The information below is the text-only quick reference from the user guide. For tables, images, and additional information, view the PDF file using the link above.
Splitvolt™ L2 Portable Fast EV Charger
QuickStart User Guide
Models: CGB J1-016, CGB J2-016, CGB J3-016
The Splitvolt Level 2 Portable EV Charger can charge any electric vehicle (EV) that is equipped with a standard SAE J1772 interface. This includes the vast majority of EVs sold in North America. The charger can also charge any Tesla EV using the adapter that Tesla supplies with their vehicle.
- The CGB J1-016 and CGB J2-016 models (with 24-amp capacity) provide the fastest possible safe charging rate from common household 30-amp dryer circuits.
- The CGB J3-016 model (with 40-amp capacity) provides the fastest possible safe charging rate from a standard 50-amp circuit.
IMPORTANT: Please read this manual and the rear sticker on charger before use for important safety information.
Splitvolt, Inc. email@example.com
3250 Victor Street, Unit B www.splitvolt.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Splitvolt L2 Portable Fast EV Charger
If you’re using a standard dryer plug, choose the CGB J1 or J2 model that corresponds to your plug type (NEMA 10-30 or 14-30). If your electrician has installed 50-amp service, choose the CBG J3 model (NEMA 14-50).
Features and capabilities
- Super fast: Fastest possible safe charging on 30- or 50-amp circuits
- Easy to use: just plug it into your NEMA 10-30, 14-30, or 14-50 wall socket or your Splitvolt Splitter Switch and connect it to your EV
- See the charging state at a glance via 4 LEDs (see table below)
- Charge any standard EV: compatible with all common electric vehicles (BEVs and PHIVs) available in North America
- Lightweight: highly portable at only 6.4lb (2.9 kg), so you can use it at home or pop it in the trunk for a road trip
- Convenient: comes with a carry case, compact and simple to store
- Safety certifications: cTUVus, CE, TUV
- Warranty: full one-year warranty included for peace of mind
- This device contains no user-serviceable parts—do not open
- Do not submerge this device in water
- Do not use this product if the cable or any other part is damaged
- Intended for Electric Vehicle charging use only
- For use with standard U.S. household 30-amp or 50-amp circuits
- Rated for NEC maximum safe continuous charging of 24 or 40 amps
How to start charging
- Take out the charger and fully insert the 240-volt plug into the wall socket outlet
- Remove the cover and a) for non-Tesla vehicles, plug the J1772 vehicle connector into your vehicle inlet; or b) for Tesla vehicles attach the standard J1772 adapter and insert into vehicle inlet
- The device will start charging automatically while the READY/CHARGE, POWER indicators are all green
How to stop charging
- Press the button and disconnect the J1772 vehicle connector from the vehicle inlet
- Close protective cap of vehicle inlet
- If necessary, disconnect the plug from the socket outlet
The charger is equipped with an LED panel that indicates the various states of the product, including fault and charging status.
If you are having trouble, note the LEDs on your unit and consult the table in the full User Guide to determine the status of your system. Then follow the steps to resolve the problem. Check our website (www.splitvolt.com) and contact us if you are still unable to resolve.
Need more help?
Please visit www.splitvolt.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (650) 209-0091 and leave a message with your contact information, product model number and the issue you are experiencing.
This product should not be submerged in water and must be treated in a manner consistent with its IP55 enclosure rating.
The CGB J1-016 and CGB J2-016 models of this product are designed to operate at a maximum continuous charging rate of 24 amps on a standard household 30-amp circuit, according to the National Electrical Code (NEC). Exceeding this rate can trip your household breaker, or lead to damage or risk of fire.
The CGB J3-016 model is designed to operate at a maximum continuous charging rate of 40 amps on a standard household 50-amp circuit, according to the National Electrical Code (NEC). Exceeding this rate can trip your household breaker, or lead to damage or risk of fire.
These products are for use with standard home wiring that is built and maintained to the latest National Electrical Code (NEC) safety standards. If you suspect that your home wiring does not meet code, or is worn-out or damaged in some fashion, contact an electrician for a safety inspection prior to using this product.
1-year limited warranty
Splitvolt, Inc warrants that this product shall be free from defects in material, workmanship and assembly, under normal use, in accordance with the specifications and warnings, for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damages as a result of an accident; resulting from the use or misuse of parts not manufactured or sold by Splitvolt, Inc; or resulting from modification of the Splitvolt Charger.
These warranties extend only to the original purchaser of the product and are not transferable. To exercise your rights under this warranty, you must provide proof of purchase in the form of an original sales receipt that shows the product name and the date of purchase. These warranties apply only to natural purchasers of the Splitvolt Charger for personal, family, or household use, not to commercial, institutional, or industrial purchasers. These warranties are valid only in the United States. In no event shall Splitvolt, Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or multiple damages arising out of the use of the Splitvolt Charger devices.